Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Welcome to My Spiritual Life

Spirituality is a diverse and complex subject. I've been studying spiritual concepts and traditions for nearly 25 years. Within that time, I've read hundreds of books and attended dozens of classes, lectures and private sessions on everything from rebirthing to hypnosis. After all this time, I'm still boggled at how much there is to learn. I feel as though I've only scratched the surface of spiritual topics, which is why I want to start a blog on the subject. I hope to share information I've learned over the years, as well as explore new insights and subjects.

I've been thinking about the format of the blog, and decided it would be fun to mix things up a bit. Maybe I'll use a quote from one of the many spiritual books I have, and then expand upon it in the post. I'll include lots of personal experiences as well as tons of research (I'm a research geek at heart). If possible, I'll ask other people about their thoughts on a subject, as well as videos that cover a certain topic. I'll see where inspiration takes me.

As a person who has bipolar disorder, it has been written that the manic phase can be likened to having a spiritual awakening. For me, that is definitely true, and I'll explore the concept more fully in upcoming posts.

So, thanks for taking the time to check out my blog, and please feel free to leave a comment if you'd like. I'd love to hear what you have to say on the topic of spirituality.


No comments:

Post a Comment